here is the answer of following questions:
– how to connect raspberry pi to the laptop screen?
– how to start vnc server on the raspberry pi?
– how to use pi’s desktop from the your laptop?
-tutorial on raspberry pi’s desktop screen on your laptop screen.
I have update on the my previous post……that was only limited to raspberry pi’s terminal access through the putty.
But now i have new update that is the pi’s screen can be loaded on your desktop and u can also control your raspberry pi……like we are using in “Team-viewer” software……
So here is the solution:
1) U are in need of a software called VNCserver.
2) U have to download in your raspberry pi too. so for that follow the instruction shown below
– this steps are for….. if pi does not have a screen…..if u have hdmi or desktop screen u can directly move to point 3.
– As stated in previous post delete the ip address u have assigned to the pi in “cmdline.txt”(upto “rootwait”). and than connect the pi via LAN to your router.power up the pi…….(*with same power cable;))
– The router will automatically assign the IP addresh to pi….u can see it in your router’s DHCP client list……in which ever way u have to get the pi’s IP address….than and than only u can get the putty connected….
– Now start putty with that IP address (i was having 192.168.2.6….) login as: pi password:raspberry(have u changed or not…want help than let me know)
3) now u have to install vnc server to pi for that u need to enter command:
$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install tightvncserver
– install will take few moments….if it ask for any yes/no press “y”
– Once vnc is installed in raspberry pi u can disconnect your LAN from your router. and connect to your lepi. or u can continue with that connection also. but if u disconnect the LAN than u have to assign the ip to pi in “cmdline.txt” and open terminal as stated in previous post. no need to reload the image file otherwise u have to install vnc again.
– To start vncserver to pi enter command to your terminal:
$ vncserver :1
– so it will start vncserver to your pi
– You will be asked to enter and confirm a password. This will be asked only one time, during one time setup. Enter an 8 digit password. Note that this is the password that you will need to use to connect to the Raspberry Pi remotely.You will also be asked if you want to create a separate “read-only” password – say no (n).
– Now the vnc server is running on the pi……u need to run your laptop’s vncserver…
– open the vnc server software and enter the IP as given below:
192.168.2.10:1 (“1” is the port which we have assigned to pi in command..see there)
– press “connect”….it will ask to continue….press it…
if you have enter the password than it will also ask for it…enter the password……hit ok….
– U GOT THE RASPBERRY PI’S DESKTOP ON YOUR LAPTOP SCREEN………ENJOY>>!!!!!!
-If u want to run this again u need to start at step 2……or if u want to start it on the startup than also let me know in comments……